Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Flower and Flour

With a little dusting of snow outside today I thought I would talk about flowers (and flour).  Exactly 0 of our tulips that we planted last fall have started to come up in the garden.  I have a feeling they either weren't deep enough or were eaten by the squirrels.  

But, my Amaryllis is blooming for the 2nd time in the house and putting on a big show.  I was about to put it in the basement and saw another little bit of green poking out.  I'm glad I kept it out!  


Eliot has been helping me make bread - which basically means we measure and put it in the bread machine. I am enjoying tweaking recipes and he enjoyed taste testing the flour. He was making little puffs whenever he spoke it was pretty funny.


I'm also working on some more felt flowers.  They are so fun to do and very similar to making standing wool rugs.  I think it would be fun to make a flower rug out of them!  Perhaps another project to work on...



1 comment:

Heather L. said...

That's exciting that your amaryllis bloomed again! Never heard of that! I wish we could get together to make flowers! I just love sewing them. Hmmmm....sounds like hungry squirrels got your tulips. :( That is disappointing.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...