I finished the Jess Brown knock off doll yesterday. I ended up hand sewing her dress during snips of time when Eliot was either taking a bath or entertaining himself. It would have gone a lot faster by machine but I haven't been able to set it up much lately due to lack of space. Give and take.
The hand sewing methods I learned by reading and doing the Alabama Chanin projects have come in handy several times, including this one. The seams are really sturdy. I think I would still like to make her a little scarf and jacket in time.
It was also nice to use up some of the bias tape I had found at yard sales a couple of summers ago. I'm surprised I was able to find it buried in my craft piles! I like the bright contrast to her cotton body.
I've started another rabbit doll that I will share once I put her together. Eliot wants a 'man version' for himself. He said I could probably sell her for a lot of money, maybe $20. I have an entrepreneur on my hands I think. I told him if he could come up with something to make I would help him sell it. We'll see if it pans out.