Friday, March 08, 2013

The Long Week

This week has been one of those weeks.  Willow came down with a bad case of RSV (respiratory virus) that is fairly common but effects some children badly.  We wound up at the hospital because she was wheezing pretty badly and clearly needed some support.  So after a steroid shot and lots of words of warning about what to look out for we came home with a diagnosis of bronchiolitis, an inhaler and an anxious mother.  My little sensitive girl!  She is doing really well now though and has come through it no worse for the wear.  Of course in the middle of all of this our electricity went out to half of our house so we had no stove, laundry or dishwasher.  But we are through it, thankfully.


 Climbing mount laundry.


We watched a ton of Star Wars over the last few days.  



I entered a handmade fabric swap a few weeks ago.  I plan to do a block print with two designs.  I will talk and show more about that when I make a little progress.


I finally had a moment to open my seed catalog, too.  Eliot went through and circled what he wanted and I have been going through and editing and adding.  I might try to start some seeds this year instead of buying seedlings for tomatoes and cucumbers like I usually do.  We'll see!  I'd also like a cut flower garden, a new spot for an herb garden, and additional box for veggies and a few more little things....


And, I think I've decided on a button for Willows little sweater.  That will be the last touch to wrap it up.  I think I am going to make her a little knitted bunny for Easter with some of my leftovers.  Eliot tells me he wants a ninja/darthvader bunny.


Here is to a fresh new week coming up soon!  A cute little video of the pterodactyl children.  It is a facebook link but it should work here. They call and respond in screeches across the house.  Excuse the tired and mildly annoyed mama - this was right about when the power came back on.

1 comment:

Heather L. said...

Wow! It does sound like quite a week! I hope Willow is completely better soon! Always scary, these things.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...