Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Sense of Accomplishment

The sense of accomplishment is fantastic sometimes.  Being able to start and finish a project like this in a reasonably short period of time makes me feel like I am somehow moving forward and still able to be creative while managing two kids.  Something about making things keeps me on an even keel.  I also like a challenge with each successive project.  This is the first lace knit pattern I have tried.  It is knit in a rectangle then sewn up along the sides to make the arm holes.  I used a worsted weight yarn, too so it went fairly quickly. 








This is the next project.  My first sweater!  It is in the same brand of yarn only in DK weight.  I have finished with the tricky part, the mesh pattern on the front and back so it is smooth sailing from here.  Now I have to figure out how to calculate the remaining yarn I have left.  I think Eliot will have to help me since his math skills have surpassed mine by now!


Some cute baby love.  I dug out some 12 month clothes for her last night because her tops are all too short in the arms and length now!  Growing like a weed.


A final photo to make you laugh.  Eliot gave Willow a set of rubber duckies for Christmas that have become her favorite pacifier.  Eliot has coined the phrase 'duckafier'.




7 comments:

Heather L. said...

YAY!!!!!! The shrug is beautiful!!! You did such a nice job and Willow looks gorgeous in it!!! The sweater also looks lovely! Can't wait to see it finished!

kjramstack said...

The shrug is adorable and so is your little one! I love that color too.

Tonya Gunn said...

Just so sweet - and the shrug too!

Lori ann said...

so very adorable, your baby and the shrug, love the little sweater to be too.

Heather L. said...

thanks for the blog recommendations! Haven't seen either of those blogs before.....

Unknown said...

That shrug is adorable and I laughed out loud (and almost woke the sleeping baby on my lap) at your little one with the rubber duck in her mouth! What a wonderful picture! The look on her face is fantastic! x

Unknown said...

And I was just thinking she looks a similar age to my youngest daughter and how very right I was! She's a day older :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...