Monday, February 11, 2013

Blizzard!

The blizzard was an amazing thing.  The snow started on Friday morning and didn't stop until Saturday late day.  The most amazing part was the wind and fluffy nature of the snow.  It was blowing around so much you could hardly see past the window.  We woke up to snow drifts so high it was hard to open the doors!  

But, we never lost power or heat and so had a cozy day inside.  One of the highlights was cookie making with Eliot.  They were the best chocolate chip cookies I have ever made.  I plan to make them again as soon as I pick up some dairy free chocolate chips again.  I think they deserve their own blog post so stay tuned.  

Here is Eliot eagerly waiting for the 10 minute countdown until we could take them off the baking pans and give them a test run.  


Eliot and Kevin ventured out during the blizzard to hike around the yard for about 15 minutes until they couldn't stand the wind anymore.  I waited until it stopped to check out the aftermath.



It is hard to tell how much actually fell because it was so windy.  I think the consensus is around 2.5 - 3 feet.


Eliot was trying to help the neighbors dig out their two cars.  They were 3/4 under snow!  I was very thankful to have a garage.  I don't miss parking bans living in the city.


I think it is supposed to rain today so we will see what happens to all of it.  I think a snowman or two is on the horizon.



1 comment:

Heather L. said...

My kids would LOVE if this happened! Of course out here no one would know how to handle that much snow!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...