Thursday, January 17, 2008

musings

i have been musing a lot lately. i have been thinking about this blog and how i can improve on it and improve from it. a lot of blogs i have been reading recently (soule mama and 3191) have been turing their focus from actual crafting to taking artful pictures of their craft. not always my favorite shift, honestly, in some cases, i would rather see a bad picture of an interesting craft than an artful picture of a craft i can barely make out. that said, i do think it is a neat idea to really take (or try in any case) an interesting picture every day. my roots are in photography, and i really have been neglecting it. i think though, that i have been inspired enough to make it my goal to take an artful picture every day. of course, i will continue with my regular postings of eliot, and my usual crafty things. Hopefully, included with the bunch, will be something more interesting photographically to look at.

while i get in the swing of photographing artfully again, here are a few images from a series i did a few years ago called The Riverbend Series. all are cibachrome prints (printed the old fashioned way in the darkroom), untitled and limited editions.



2 comments:

Heather L. said...

I do love photos, so I'm looking forward to seeing what you find to capture!

Pam Strayer said...

Hi Jessica,
Love the photos! I wanted to suggest you put in meta tags, if you haven't already, which the search engines will scan when looking for baby clothes sites.
Love-Pam

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...