so...i think i have made the decision to make my wedding dress. i am glad jo ann's has patters at reasonable prices because so far im up to four. the one not pictured would be way too complicated so that is out of the running at least for this. i am going to make a 'muslin' of at least one variation of these and see if i can get to a good place with the construction and fit.
meet the new member of the family.. my body double. kevin helped me make a dress form out of duct tape (lot's of tutorials out there if you google it) to make the fitting of the wedding dress easier. it now needs to be stuffed and properly named i think. eliot started pointing to it and saying 'mama, mama'. maybe if kevin can make a proper head for it it wont be so hard on eliot when i leave for work in the morning.
i also discovered a great new to me website sew mama sew. great tutorials and ideas.