Thursday, May 22, 2008

make

in the midst of wedding planning i have managed to get a few things accomplished. i finished the comforter cover i had talked about a while back. i had another sheet that i liked and coordinated well enough with the top. i am happy with the results although i will probably have to replace the ribbon ties with buttons before i wash it. it definitely brightens up the room.

i have been meaning to make a sewing machine cover for a while. we get a lot of dust coming off of the beams and through the window so it became a necessity. i was trying to decide what to make it out of when i spied an unused pillowcase i found at good will. perfect fit and no sewing required!

notice the teeth marks on the white one.

eliot and his favorite gal olive. good thing she doesn't mind his zealous hugs.

video

1 comment:

Heather L. said...

Your comforter is so pretty! I'm keeping my eye out for something to make one for us out of. One of these days maybe something will pop up.

Thanks for the idea about a sewing machine cover! I really need one. My poor machine is a bit on the fritz right now. The feeder feet aren't working properly so I have to feed by hand and of course the material slides everywhere. I'm going to borrow my mom's machine (since she doesn't use it) and then I'm going to have to break down and take this one to the shop.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...