Monday, April 22, 2013

Spring, Walks and Happy Babies

A little bit of post lag after the craziness of last week.  I didn't really feel like taking pictures or writing.  I'm glad we were able to keep the news away from Eliot.  

But in a happier note we are finally enjoying the beginnings of spring around here.  It wasn't particularly warm this weekend but it was sunny and therefore perfect for being out side.  

Eliot, Willow and I have been going on nightly walk/rides around the trails near our house.  I am so thankful for the light!  I usually carry Willow around in the baby carriers but for these walks I am trying to get her used to the stroller.  She still doesn't like the car seat so it can be a stretch some nights.  If she can watch Eliot she is fine, of course. 




The foraging season has begun in our yard.  Eliot loves to do this!  He is really good at plant identification.  He has started making 'Eliot side salads' with dandelion greens.  In the backpack he has two ID books that we use when we go out hunting for things. The garden is in a pretty sorry state right now but that will be remedied soon.  I want to take the perennial garden that he is digging in down to the bottom of that slope to spread things out and add some annuals for cut flowers.  We are putting another box at the end of the row of 3 to extend the veggies, too.  I am starting some seeds this week if all goes as planned!


Baby in a basket is good fun these days.  Ignore the warnings on the side of the box (I use it for work - postal service approved)...


Big news for Eliot this weekend!  He learned to tie his own shoes!  I am so proud of him.


Here is Willow enjoying eating some dirt and leaves.  So much for me getting anything done outside!  You can see the new top teeth peeking out in the photo, too.  Poor kid is still in pain!  Now that those two have come out her eye teeth are pushing.   No sleep for weary mamas.  She doesn't seem any worse for the wear though.


More photos from our nightly walks..



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I had to look for several seconds to realize the srap on Eliot was his bike helmet, LOL. Lovely photos!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...