Wednesday, April 03, 2013

New Knits and Weekend Catch Up


A new knit started.  It has been taken apart once and I am debating about swapping out needles on my 2nd go around.  I can't get the twist out of the cheap round needles that I have and it is endlessly frustrating.  I haven't tried boiling water yet but that might be the next try.  But, I like the pattern and the yarn so it will come together once I get my tools worked out.  This is the pattern.

I haven't been doing much reading other than gardening catalogs and the occasional cookbook but a friend of mine gave the the Hobbit to read after I saw it on his bookshelf and asked about it.  Funny how it color coordinates with my knitting!

In family news we had a fun Easter with lots of candy and visiting with friends and family.  Willow is now pulling up on anything she can reach and trying to cruise.  Her separation anxiety is SO acute it is making it hard for me to leave her with anyone.  Hopefully it starts to fade soon.  Thankfully my mother is willing to deal with the constant crying for the hour and half for my Monday music lessons.  The lessons are going slow and steady btw.

Thankfully we can now see the ground (mud) and get outside more often.  Eliot spent hours in the woods banging on stuff and exploring and Willow had so much fun playing in the dirt this past weekend, she was filthy!  She entertained herself for nearly an hour and a half just sitting and checking out the leaves and grass.  Bliss.

Yarning along here.

4 comments:

little macaroon. said...

I'm so happy to have found your page via Yarn along - that picture of your superhero at the top is AMAZING! Ha!

Mistea said...

That pattern is very pretty. I hope you get the needles sorted.
Enjoy the Hobbit.

katie metzroth said...

Well, that pattern looks super cute. Good luck! :)

Heather L. said...

Love the color coordination! All my kids talk about is Lord of the Rings or the Hobbit. :) The sweater pattern is beautiful! May have to consider it for Laura. I think our temperatures are going to start to climb today. Must find time for the garden now.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...