Friday, June 10, 2011

Alabama Chanin

I have found a new craft/style book that I have been carrying around with me from room to room for the past week. Alabama Studio Style by Natalie Chanin. It is all about hand sewing clothing made from cotton jersey. It is right up my alley. It is slow and has lots of needle work.
I've started making a tunic length camisole top. I was a little nervous about sewing with stretchy fabric but it has been really nice. I couldn't find affordable cotton jersey so I went with 95% cotton 5% spandex interlock. So far so good. I have the front and back finished so the flower details come next! I am anticipating some beading, relief applique and embroidery. It is one of those projects that I can carry around with me and work on from time to time. It goes quite fast for a hand work project.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love it! --Caitlin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...