Friday, November 30, 2007

old friend, peekaboo and a new pile

this is my favorite bag i have ever made. it was from an old fisherman style sweater that i cut up, reassembled and added wool applique and embroidery. it doesn't get used much when it is warm out but since the weather has changed it is in full use. it is nice and big, big enough for a sippy cups, diapers, snacks and the occasional portable craft project or camera.


looking out another window, and climbing on the couch. our games of peekaboo have become much more physical including running around the house and rough housing. he really is turning into a boy!

here is another pile that will be born into an owl, hopefully by the end of the day. i love wool so much, maybe i should dream of a sheep farm instead of goats..


4 comments:

Heather L. said...

My sister was just trying to convince me this morning to make a bag very similar to that one! yours is really nice! I'll have to have her come take a look. She'll love it! (I told her it was just going to be too much work for right now)

Pam Strayer said...

I wish you all the best for the craft fair. You're sure to be a favorite. Love the bag with the crow applique.

Anonymous said...

I really like your bag! It's a great idea to turn an old sweater into a bag. I was wondering though how you prevent the yarn from unraveling when you cut it and losing too much of the knit to make the bag. Did you use a straight or zigzag stitch to prevent it from fraying? Just curious how you did it. Very cool.

Voom Voom Veda said...

Hey Jess!

I love that bag...your so talented.
Wanted to say that I am loving the blog and all your new creations. Also good luck at the Shop-A-do...I agree with Pam, you will be a Favorite....
wish I were there!
Hope all is well and much love to you and the boys!
Jenna

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...