Saturday, February 12, 2011

Despite the cold we have been trying to get outside as much as possible. Kevin's broken foot is on the mend. The snow is so dry and hardened on top Eliot can run around on top without sinking. Here he is with the snow shoes he got for Christmas.

I am trying out some new rug warp. It is a heavier linen that I have been using. I will report once I start using.

And, as I have been updating the sidebar with birds visiting our feeder, I am not sure if you noticed a more unusual visitor. A Red Tailed Hawk has been hanging out in the tall trees around our house. I was adding birdseed about two weeks ago when I noticed red spots on the snow. I though maybe a squirrel had injured itself on the wire that we have the bird feeder hanging from. I didn't think much about it until I was up in my sewing room that overlooks the backyard when all of a sudden the hawk comes diving out of the sky and nearly catches a squirrel dashing for the bushes. We have noticed a major decline in our squirrel population.
Today we saw it in the giant pine in our neighbors yard and I managed to get a few shots as it flew off and was chased by a crow.








2 comments:

Heather L. said...

I love the snowshoe picture!!! He looks like a happy guy!!

capn' Keys said...

great shots of the crow and hawk!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...