Thursday, September 23, 2010

Getting Settled

We are slowly settling into the new house. Day by day we are unpacking more boxes and finding spots for all of our things. I am sure it will be rearranged 100 times but that is fine by me. We aren't going anywhere for a while!

I feel lucky we were able to find a balance between my need for outdoor space and Kevin's need to be on a bus line or bikable route (he doesn't drive). We have about a quarter of an acre of South facing yard with access to tons of trails and yet only a few miles from downtown Portland.

It is an old house that was clearly loved and taken care of. The former owner was a cabinet maker so it has lots of tasteful updates and creative uses of space. We are quickly filling it up. Thankfully, we don't have much work to do to it either. I am looking forward to turning the yard into a productive little urban homestead. I am sure this blog will end up being a diary of the transformation.












2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So lovely; congratulations. Can't wait to celebrate with you guys on Sunday.

Caitlin

Heather L. said...

I'm so happy for you and can't wait to see/hear more!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...